Saturday, October 17, 2009

The End Is Nigh: Blackout Disaster



Soooooooooooooo, I have been without my computer/internet/life for nearly a month now (seriously, I KNOW – there should be some sort of condolence card available for the loss of my extra limb) and having not been able to watch any TV – I live in the UK so have to download all the shows I watch – it got me to thinking: When is the worst possible time to cut-off a TV show?



More...


Friday Night Lights
Before we know whether or not they won/lost the State Championship. Seriously, this would have killed me...the anticipation, the anxiety, the trepidation, the downright desperate desire to know what happened would have given me a cardiac arrest. Would Coach Taylor live his dream? Would Matt Saracen finally prove his worth as QB1? Would I get to see Tim Riggins whip off his shirt in a fit of unbridled joy? Let me hear you say it CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS, CAN’T LOSE.



Gossip Girl
Right before the wedding of Chuck Bass and Blair Waldorf. Now, this spot was under stiff competition from ‘Right before the unveiling of Gossip Girl’, but let’s be honest, we know GG is kick-ass (She’s Veronica Mars people, c’mon!) and while she/he/it is intriguing, Chuck and Blair are this antagonistic, conflicted, damaged relationship that in my little shippy heart want to see have the iconic ‘I dos.’ P.S. Sorry about the dodgy manip



One Tree Hill
Please just turn this off. Seriously. Now. I’m not joking. Right now.

Criminal Minds

The Hotch at gun-point by Foyet. Does he live? Does he die? Is he sliced up Boston Reaper style? How are Haley and Jack affected? Or does The Hotch take him down in a tense frenetic battle of the wills and skills?

House
Before we meet Dr. Gregory House. Because then we would never have met him and been introduced into his wonderful miserable, pain-addled, bizarre ‘everybody lies’ world.

Grey’s Anatomy
Before we hear Burke say his vows. *Pre-emptive duck* I know there are so many other moments to pick from – some dramatic, some romantic, some life or death, but in all my life, this has to be the most beautiful set of vows I have ever heard and to be deprived of hearing them would be a true loss.
"I could promise to hold you and to cherish you, I could promise to be there in sickness and in health, I could say till death do us part but I won't. Those vows are for optimistic couples, the ones full of hope and I do not stand here on my wedding day optimistic or full of hope. I am not optimistic I am not hopeful, I am sure. I am steady, and I know that I am a heart man. I take them apart and put them back together, I hold them in my hands. I am a heart man. So this I am sure, you are my partner my lover my very best friend. My heart, my heart beats for you and on this day. The day of our wedding I promise you this. I promise you to lay my heart in the palm of your hands. I promise you me. "

Smallville
Right before the final showdown between Clark Kent, Davis Bloome and Lex Luthor. Now I know what you’re thinking – Why not Superman? Why not Doomsday? Hasn’t Lex died???? OK, first of all, I’m not huge on comic books and due to legal complications, Smallville can’t actually ‘show’ Superman and in Smallville, we see through the eyes of Clark Kent, not Superman. Second, Doomsday can never be killed. Fact. So, the fight would be pretty one-sided. Plus, Sam Witwer is fiiiiiiinnnnnneeee, and I actually laughed out loud at the rubber man ‘DOOMSDAY’ suit, therefore Davis with just the red eyes to show his transformation. Thirdly, I want Michael Rosenbaum back! In my mind, Lex never died! It was all real!Lex’s clever doppelganger fiendish plan.
I want these guys to have a real, honest to god, big fireworks, blood dripping, humanity in peril, evil versus good, up-tempo rock anthem playing, FIGHT! And with their shirts off, did you say?? Yes, I’m in totally agreement! LET'S GET NEKKID! *Dribble dribble*




The Wire
Ever. Seriously, the greatest TV series that has ever ended. Oh, if it could have lived forever. However, it kind of does because it was so true to life, it was almost a documentary and to this day I imagine the lives of new Avons, Stringers, Omars, Marlos, Kimas, Rhondas on the streets and in the offices of Baltimore.

So, what about you? Your worst TV disasters? Has technology ever failed you at a critical moment?
Share with me – Misery Loves Company!

2 Responses to “The End Is Nigh: Blackout Disaster”

Victoria said...

After the movie "The Fugitive" came out, they showed the old series on TV here in Australia. I taped it religiously as it was on each weeknight from 10-11.

Of course some sports or something overran one night without my knowledge and I missed the freakin finale. Yes, where he actually caught the one armed man.

I've still never seen it and that was like 17 years ago :(

Scarlett Brooke said...

See.... it affects your soul!

And only other TV addicts truly understand the devastation!