Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Aaron Sorkin on Returning to Television (Talk About Relevant!)

My neighbor just brought down my mail, including last week's Entertainment Weekly. I swear I hadn't seen it when I wrote this comment earlier this morning--much less when I wrote this blog months ago.

According to EW, "Sorkin is mulling over the idea of a TV drama that takes a behind-the-scenes look at a cable news program (think: Keith Olbermann on MSNBC). A rep for Sorkin declined to comment, but the big guy himself acknowledged (appropriately enough, on his Facebook page) that he misses TV and hopes to pen a pilot soon.

"'The hour drama isn't dead,' he writes. 'It may have temporarily moved to cable, but if you build it, they'll still come.'"

Uh, I'm dying of joy. This is all very speculative, but this is exactly what I've been calling for for almost two years.

One response to “Aaron Sorkin on Returning to Television (Talk About Relevant!)”

Breda said...

Yeah, still want him to do my radio station. The news department regularly cleans up at the AP Awards! :P (Really, I just want everyone to love these people and what they do as much as I do, and I'm totally selfish about that.)

But this is awesomely exciting news, and bizarrely timely! I'm excited. :D