Caroline, Leigh and I joined forces to put together lists of five tiny wishes, in no real order of importance, for the 'ships that make up our collective Fave Five.
Jack & Kate - Lost
(5) Dancing. You just know Jack can properly ballroom. He can teach Kate how to waltz.
(4) More Parenting. To witness them feeding the baby or other such Aaron-centric moments.
(3) Daddy!Jack. We still need to see him actually holding the/a baby for once.
(2) Quiet moments of normalcy. Can they just happily brush teeth side by side?
(1) "Out at the airport. You know where." Why? What happened there before? Significance?
Jim & Pam - The Office
(5) A real, honest relationship fight.
(4) Pam meeting Jim's new baby nephew & the cute one that plays tee-ball.
(3) Finally getting themselves the puppy they've been alluding to lately.
(2) The answer to what was in Jim's letter at Season Two Christmas.
(1) The "Shortest Engagement" Dundie.
Booth & Brennan - Bones
(4) Awkward yet perfectly comfortable slow dancing filled with all that UST.
(3) Forehead-touching eye sex. Preferably after something precious is said.
Chase & Cameron - House
(4) Playing Doctor/Patient. No, not the sexy way. One is sick/injured while the other one is the caretaker. Although, the sexy way is acceptable, too.
(2) Spill your guts. Telling one another all about their damaged pasts. [I am *so* close to striking this one out! You can tell they've done it, we just didn't *see* it happen!]
Derek & Meredith - Grey's Anatomy
(3) Fighting and bantering over dream house blueprints.
(2) Derek teaches Meredith how to fish. And she probably hates it. And he knows.
(1) Mer walks in to find Derek asleep. Quietly musses his hair and gently kisses his forehead before curling up beside him.
So there you have it. With any luck, we will be able to start crossing things off the list as time goes by. But then, of course, we'll just come up with even more!
In the perfect words of the adorable Brad Paisley: I live for little moments like that. And so do we. The big occasions are incredible, but week after week it's those little details that keep our 'shipper hearts believing that the best is within reach.