Wednesday, October 1, 2008

House: Gasp! A Non-Chameron Update!

SPOILERS FOR HOUSE


But it's not just spoilers. It's information that may induce vomitting or rage blackouts.

I just... I saw this last night and I couldn't even form a coherent thought. Now I've thought about it sporadically all day at work and I'm concerned the only coherent thoughts I can manage are thoughts of...things that are sinful, illegal and would likely land me in prison for the rest of my life.

Question: How about some non-Huddy House scoop for a change? -- Dani
Ausiello: Could I interest you in something on Thoreman? Never heard of that particular portmanteau? That's about to change, since executive producer Katie Jacobs tells me that a major, potentially romantic story line involving Foreman and Thirteen will kick off in November when Olivia Wilde's ailing alter ego agrees to participate in a clinical trial overseen by Omar Epps' Foreman. As a result, the pair "are going to be spending a serious amount of time together," reveals Jacobs. Thirteen's leap of faith will follow a tumultuous few episodes in which she has a random hookup with an unidentified lovergirl (see last week's AA for more on that) and witnesses firsthand the horrors of Huntington's via a patient played by Lori Petty (A League of Their Own). "I don't want to see Thirteen come down with Huntington's," confesses Jacobs, "but I think it's important for the audience to see what she's up against in dealing with [the disease]."


Yeah. I believe the phrase you're looking for is, "Well, isn't that just kick-you-in-the-crotch, spit-on-your-neck fantastic."

I can't even... I keep re-reading it with one eyebrow raised and an inability to fathom why David Shore and Katie Jacobs think any of that is a good idea.

I have always hated Foreman. He is arrogant and boring and horrible. And, despite hoping I wouldn't, I officially hate Thirteen. And it's not even about her, it's simply that forcing her on me with more screentime than any other character (House included) has resulted in total overload and a lot of usage of my fast-forward button on the DVR. I hate her. The idea of a Foreman/Thirteen romance is enough to make me consider tuning out completely.

But I'll probably keep recording it and fast-forwarding, wishing and hoping for anything at all that involves House, Cuddy, Wilson, Chase and/or Cameron without sharing the scene with For/teen.

I'll just, ya know, go bash my head against the wall repeatedly.

2 Responses to “House: Gasp! A Non-Chameron Update!”

mysticxf said...

Well, it's my opinion that the original plan was to whittle away the 40 to the one "Thirteen", but the writers became enamored with Taub and Kumar. So Thirteen getting as much screen time as she has doesn't makes sense to me.

As for the Foreman/Thirteen thing? I doubt it will get romantic, they're just saying it in those terms because, apparently, they don't think the internet audience is interested unless they're speaking in "ships".

They had her test positive for Huntington's, so they can't just let it go to waste and having her undergo clinical trials and CONFRONT this disease she's been so terrified of, it could bring much character building and much understanding to those who have dismissed her.

Could be much better than you're giving it credit for. Be open to it and it might surprise you!

Mae Vaughan said...

You make many valid points and I see no faults in your logic here, but the thing is - I'm a bitter and scorned Chase/Cameron 'shipper and until I start getting them back on even a semi-regular basis, I'm going to whine and moan and hate every story line that revolves around the n00bs, purely out of spite.

Childish and ridiculous, yes. But I cannot make it stop. I do have hope, though, because in the beginning I really liked Thirteen, and I've always liked Olivia Wilde - I don't mind seeing her story and delving into her character, giving her some great depth and history; but I do mind it if it's going to take up 75% of every episode.