Monday, September 15, 2008

The Office: Reluctantly Excited. Yay.

Happy Monday, all!

NBC’s been overloading in the Thursday night promo department recently.





Mostly, they’ve been about this Jan/Michael/Holly drama that seems to be a-stirring. Don’t get me wrong, this is undoubtedly going to be an awesome storyline, but “wiki wiki wiki what?” has officially been killed.

It’s hard not to feel like this Holly thing isn’t going to work out, for a number of reasons:

#1: Amy Ryan’s not sticking around for too, too long.
#2: Toby is coming back. (Ick.)
#3: The writers are incapable of straying from the cliché relationship BS that happens all too often on television.

Also, I feel like with this pregnancy, there’s no getting rid of Jan anytime soon. For as much as Michael messes stuff up, he seems like he’s really getting a taste of his own medicine. Which sucks for me, because I was hoping that being around someone like Holly would make Michael a little more tolerable.

I’m getting the feeling, though, that as the series draws to a close in, what, probably two years, they’ll be trying to bring Amy Ryan back. Let’s face it, I love Jan for her insanity, but I really don’t want Jan and Michael to end up together.

What I’m really in it for, though, is Jim and Pam. I’m surprised to see that these promos aren’t highlighting Jam—even though there’s a quick shot in there of a juicy kiss, most likely a hello kiss at the Pratt School of Design.

For the first time, I’m excited.

I’ve been wallowing in self-pity and anger since the finale, as I seethed at the ridiculousness of Jim and Pam not ending the season engaged. And while I can’t imagine them getting engaged at this point will be anything but anticlimactic, I’m looking forward to seeing their story unfold, even if I do think they’re headed for one of those till-the-next-sweeps break-ups. (See: Hodgins, Jack and Montenegro, Angela.)

Anyway, ten days until the season premiere and I am officially jazzed. It's amazing what four months with no television will do to you.

Woohoo!

No response to “The Office: Reluctantly Excited. Yay.”