Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Grey's, Bones and a shout out to my mom...

The doctor is in...still.

Caroline informed me that Amy Madigan will be back in episode 3 of Grey's Anatomy to reprise her role as the fabulous Dr. Wyatt. I, for one, could not be happier. I have said all along that I hoped she stuck around for a while. Meredith may think she's all whole and healed but being with Derek this time is probably going to necessitate just as much couch time as before. Albeit for different reasons but I'd rather have her run for couch instead of run for the border. Welcome back, Dr. Wyatt. I cleaned the couch and fed the fish.

Switching gears...I'm not sure how many of you caught this on Monday evening but instead of airing what should have been The Priest In The Churchyard, TNT aired part one of Yanks In The UK. I had read something about this happening but didn't realize it would be this week. Since they were only showing the first hour and Fox had not technically separated the episodes the first time around, I was interested to see how they were going to cut the bridge scene. Imagine my glee when instead of the white fade into generic stock footage of Washington, D.C., the scene continued and included all of what we had seen in the very first sneak peek clip released about a week before the premiere. Clinking glasses and all. For those of you who stayed spoiler free (props to you) and may not have seen the whole thing, take a look here. It's only an extra 5 seconds but it's quite precious.

Lastly, I'd like to make a shout out to my mom who is quite possibly the coolest mom to watch television with. As we were watching the bridge scene Monday night, she made a very valid observation about Booth and Brennan that I hadn't thought about. This whole time I felt as though the symbolism of the bridge was to show that good luck was in store for them. Then my mom chimed in with, "Look at that. They don't even realize that the bridge is going up behind them. Just like they haven't realized they are meant for each other yet."

You, mom, get a gold star.

P.S. Yay for hockey season! WOOT!

No response to “Grey's, Bones and a shout out to my mom...”