Monday, September 22, 2008

Bones: More New Sides--Better Than Eh!

Real quick, 'cause it's almost eight and I haven't started my homework. (P.S. Yuck homework. I'm too old for this.)

Spoilers for a much-later episode of Bones.

Thanks to Genevieve over at LJ's bones_spoilers for this.

The episode still seems silly, but they've got the last page on that link, and it's pretty cute Booth/Brennan. As I predicted, the episode ends with a sweet recognition on Bones's part that she does really enjoy working with Booth.

Booth feels bad about bringing her into the world of crime and murder and takes credit for their partnership. She counters with, "That's not how I remember it... As I recall, I had to force you to take me out into the field."

Taking mutual responsibility for their partnership, Booth clinks a champagne glass to hers and, I'm sure, gives her one of those patent Booth smiles.

Random guest star: "Hey. Are you guys gonna make out?"

Brennan says something to shut him up and then turns back to Booth. "Why do people always think we're going to make out?" Then says the action, "Booth drinks his champagne. End of episode."

Seriously, I think it's a requirement that to be a guest star on Bones--murdered, murderer, accomplice, innocent bystander, whoever--you have to make some sort of outsider observation on the sexual tension. As far as I can recall, though, this is the first time I've seen where Brennan actually considers it for a moment. Instead of, "Eww, gross, we're partners," she's curious about what makes people think that.

Oh, I don't know, how about the way you look at each other?

How about the ridiculously romantic things you say to each other?

You getting that, Brennan?

I still think she's starting to get it.

Hey, at least it looks like Booth finagled his way into First Class, huh?

No response to “Bones: More New Sides--Better Than Eh!”