Saturday, March 22, 2008

News Update: "This Side of the Truth" Brings Together Basically Everyone I've Ever Loved

When I heard that Jennifer Garner (!!) had signed on for Ricky Gervais's "This Side of the Truth," I was, in a word, thrilled. Sydney Bristow and David Brent in a movie together?

Umm...yay.

When I heard Rob Lowe (!!) had joined the film, I was, well, ecstatic. Sydney Bristow and David Brent and Sam Seaborn all together.

This has since snowballed into Sydney Bristow and David Brent and Sam Seaborn and George Bluth, Sr. and Michael Bluth and LIZ LEMON!!!

Today, it was announced that Jeffrey Tambor and Tina Fey (love love heart heart heart) had joined the project. And an IMDb message board pointed me toward this YouTube video of Jason Bateman saying his third (!!) film with the much-beloved Jennifer Anne Garner would be Ricky Gervais's movie. (Suffer through Lisa Rinna's awful award show banter.)



I'm so excited, y'all. I wasn't blogging yet when I heard about Juno uniting Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman, Michael Cera, Allison Janney, and Rainn Wilson, but I was so, so psyched. This is hands-down even more exciting than that. (By the way, my extreme feelings of pumped-up paid off with Juno, which I LOVED.)

I love seeing Jennifer Garner be funny. 13 Going on 30 is precious funny. I love it. And her off-the-cuff "I do my own stunts" at the Oscars two years ago was pretty freakin' witty, too:



Mix her in with maybe the funniest woman this century has seen so far and you make my heart pound with excitement, folks. Tina Fey on 30 Rock is absolutely today's everywoman. I can't even count the number of times I've laughed or awwed because she's just so much like me. But she deserves a blog post of her very own.

So, as it stands, we have the Wernham Hogg Slough general manager, some prominent Bluth Family representatives, the best White House speechwriter EVER, the executive producer of TGS with Tracy Jordan, and the greatest superspy the CIA has ever known.

Sounds like a barnburner to me.

No response to “News Update: "This Side of the Truth" Brings Together Basically Everyone I've Ever Loved”