Tuesday, May 1, 2007

LOST: Skabies is a disease. No one wants that.

After last week's episode, there was one prevailing sentiment that flowed loud and clear from me and Caroline: if they're trying to drop hints that Kate's two dirty rumbles in the sack with Sawyer have left her pregnant, I will be forced to stop watching this show. And I will be PISSED.

PISSED PISSED PISSED, as was the ongoing message Caroline and I typed to one another on instant message immediately following the episode.

I honestly don't know what other theory we're supposed to come up with based on that cryptic ending. Juliet finishes a sonogram on Sun to check out her pregnancy and then records a message for Ben in which she says she completed the work-up on Kwon and should have samples from Austen soon...? What the holy effing Hell is that supposed to mean if it doesn't mean Juliet suspects Kate to be pregnant?!?

Honestly, I don't actually believe that the storyline is going to go down that path at all. But the mere idea of it makes me sick to my stomach and makes me need to vent about how much I hate them even insinuating such a thing.

Personally, I would rather Kate come down with a case of the syph so that she learns her lesson about having all the sex with dirty, dirty bastards. Having a Skaby is just the wrong kind of punishment altogether.

Which leads me to point out that Skabies (unlike Jabies) sounds exactly Scabies, which is something no one in their right mind would ever want. Yeah, let's all go out and get infested with tiny little mites that bury themselves in our skin and lay eggs that will itch with unbearable pain for weeks and weeks on end! Sounds like great fun! Kate should totally be hoping for a case of the Skabies, really, because I'm sure carrying the spawn of a dirty, dirty bastard is just as enjoyable as that infectious disease.

Jabies sounds a lot more comfortable, and a helluva lot more adorable. I don't know what JAbrams, Damon and Carlton are all thinking if they actually plan on going the route of Kate + Sawyer = baby and family. It's just stupid. Caroline has always said that she felt as though she was promised Jate in the pilot of this show, and not long ago I read an article in which Damon flat out said that by the end of this season they would make good on a promise they made in the pilot. He didn't say which promise that was, but he said we didn't even need to ask - we would know.

I can't imagine what promise he's possibly talking about if it's not that promise of Jate. And that just makes me more and more annoyed every week when I have to keep watching the whole Skate/Jate triangle playing out. It's tiring and pointless, and if Juliet has reason to believe that Kate is pregnant... well, then, I'm going to have to figure out what kind of angry-looking stationary I need in order to send off a lot of hate mail in crisp white envelopes.

No response to “LOST: Skabies is a disease. No one wants that.”