Monday, April 16, 2007

Lost: Magic Box a Matter of Degrees?

I’m pretty good at TV. A decade plus of being a fangirl has given me the equivalent of a Master’s Degree in all things small screen.

Lost is pretty much the perfect show for a person like me to watch, as it often requires the viewers to have at least a BA in Jabrams.

Yeah, I majored in Jabrams.

I started watching the show about a year ago, when I watched DVDs and iTunes before catching up with real time Lost on the episode “Lockdown.” Watching DVDs with my then-friend now-roommate Melissa, I think my TV-smarts often surprised her. I connected the Oceanic 815 children to the Others when the Others were seen trekking through the jungle with a teddy-bear-toting small-footed person.

Melissa: “You are awfully observant.”
Caroline: “Well, of course I am observant. I’ve only been living in the Jabrams world for 47 years.”

It seemed only natural to me, then, that on a show riddled with con artists, some of them would be connected. Long ago, I forecasted the connection between James Ford and Anthony Cooper.

I predicted that Locke’s dad, who we presume has been working under aliases, was actually the original Sawyer, whose name James Ford adopted after his father committed a murder-suicide upon the knowledge that his wife was cheating on him.

Now, with the release of an ABC synopsis for the upcoming episode “The Brig,” I am more certain than ever that I am the queen of television.

“A newly focused Locke breaks away from “The Others,” it reads, “in an attempt to persuade Sawyer to help rid them of a great nemesis that has caused nothing but pain in both of their lives.”

What else could this be besides the man in the magic box?

I am almost positive now that Anthony Cooper is the real Sawyer.

What I don’t know is...how does Locke find this out? Obviously he does, if he’s trying to “persuade Sawyer” to join him in the fight against this guy. (How much of a fight could it be, though? The man is tied to a chair in the middle of a jungle.)

Anyway, I know I said a few days ago that I was about ready to give up on Lost, and I am. I know it’s extremely hypocritical of me to update now with exciting news about Sawyer, but I really am psyched about this one. Not because I care about Sawyer. I don’t.

I just really enjoy being right.

Thank you, Jabrams. I'll take my PhD now.

No response to “Lost: Magic Box a Matter of Degrees?”