Friday, April 20, 2007

HOUSE: Denial is Cameron's Favorite River in Egypt

In the past two episodes of this show (the two that I missed while I was away.), it seems that my predictions have been coming true. I stated in this post that the whole idea of Cameron/Chase having "no strings attached" sex was only going to backfire and end with one of them wanting more. It was so effing obvious that we were going down that storyline path.

And it has, in fact, happened. So now Chase wants more - he wants a real relationship with her, and she has in turn ended their sex fun altogether because (according to her) he broke the rules of their little agreement by getting emotionally attached. What I love the most about it all is that the writers were very quick to have Chase (and Foreman) point out the fact that Cameron is the last person on the planet to NOT get emotionally attached; her claiming to have zero feelings for Chase is all a lie, because Cameron gets emotionally attached to the dust bunnies under her bed and the annoying cricket outside of her window that keeps her awake all night.

She is incapable of remaining detached, especially when it comes to getting so physically close to another human being. It's only a matter of time before she finds herself unable to pretend anymore. The Cameron/Chase love story is just around the proverbial corner, but I love the way it's all coming together.

It's funny, because I never really noticed Chase as the kind of guy who could display raw emotion with his eyes - but in this last episode, he totally did. In the locker room when he gave her those flowers and just stood back, watching her and feeling so good to have simply made her smile? I melted. The look in his eyes when she told him she really didn't want a relationship with him and he simply said "I know. I also know you like flowers," totally got me. He has fallen so hard for her, and his eyes displayed an emotion that says he's willing to step back and wait for her to realize that she's lying to herself about her feelings.

ANGST! My favorite thing! FUN! This makes me so haaaaaaaaaaaaaaappy!

Chase and Foreman both know that she's lying, and I would assume it's only a matter of time before House himself calls her out on her bullshit. He may or may not, but it'd be cool if he did. Either way, the truth will come to light and Cameron/Chase will become a full-on lovestory fandom reality.

I cannot express how thrilled I am to finally have a solid 'shipper flag to fly for this show. It's taken three seasons for me to find anything to cling to in terms of lovers on this show, but I have one now and I'm totally into it.

It's also pretty obvious that House wants Cuddy all to himself, judging by how he reacted to the whole possibility of Wilson/Cuddy, but I'll save that whole shpeal until I have a better grasp on what it is I'm trying to foretell.

As of right now, I'm just going to enjoy the C/C angst and wait for that moment when she traps him in a room somewhere and is yelling about how she's not interested while at the same time on the verge of tears and inching closer and closer to his lips. And then she'll kiss him - hard and full of love - and the real fun will begin.

Or, at least that's how I picture it going down in my mind.

One response to “HOUSE: Denial is Cameron's Favorite River in Egypt”

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to drop by and let you know that I love your blog, and LOVE Chase/Cam. I'm posting this after the House S3 finale has aired, and ... well ... how awesome was that? *thud*

Anyway, keep up the great work!

(though I must admit I ship Skate. don't hurt me.)